Part of a shallow dish. A band of dots, a meander, and in the center, a star. Surface considerably worn, and colors obliterated. Exterior brown and red lines on natural clay.
From Naukratis, Temple of Apollo. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription