Part of neck of a vase. Part of a boxing scene. Head and left arm of a boxer, and behind him the judge, holding a staff. Interior, fine black glaze with a red and white line.
From Naukratis. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription