The red paint of this finely modeled wooden foot indictaes that it comes from a statue of a man. There are two holes in the lower part of the foot for pins. The wood is chipped and cracked in some areas.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames