The end of the fibula to which the pin is attached terminates in a lion's head. The arc of the filbula consists of glass of dark brown and yellow stripes (ancient). The clasp is long and tubular, decorated with fine filigree dots. The gold parts of the object were found to be modern in 1901.
By date unknown: with Edward Perry Warren (according to Warren's records: Bought in Rome. It came without doubt from the Marchese Campanari.); September 1899: purchased by MFA from Edward Perry Warren for $ 32,500.00 (this is the total price for MFA 99.338-99.542)
Henry Lillie Pierce Fund