Pale buff clay, creamy-white slip. Decoration in brown to black glaze with added red. Inside a tongue pattern, alternately black and red; outside two lines on the edge, then a triple line of pomegranates(?) connected by diagonal lines. on file card in pencil Laconian-Cyrenaic
From Naukratis, Temple of the Dioscuri. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription