Ivory kohl receptacle in the form of three octagonal columns on a rectangular base. The outer two columns served as kohl tube while the central one held the kohl stick. Squre lids on the two outer tubes swivel horizontally on pegs set in a corner of each column. See 01.7353-6, 01.7360, 02.803.
From Abydos, tomb D 115. 1901: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt, received by the MFA through subscription to the Egypt Exploration Fund. (Accession Date: October 1, 1901)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription