This small, fragmented bronze bucket is round with four feet connected to its base and a movable handle. Similar buckets were used during this period as "censors" for holding coals and incense.
From Ihnasya el-Medina (Herakleoplis Magna). 1903-1904: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; 1905, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: January 1, 1905)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription