Obverse: Laureate bust of Claudius to left. TI.CLAVD.CAESAR AVG.GERM [P.M.TR.P] Reverse: Oak wreath within which: PP / OBCIVES / SERVATOS (see media screen for handwritten inscription with uncertain letters on obverse)
By date unknown: H. C. Levis Collection; by 1925: with Naville & Cie., 6 & 8 Rue Pécolat, Geneva, Switzerland (Naville auction 11 [H. C. Levis Collection], Hôtel Schweizerhof, Lucerne, Switzerland, June 18-20, 1925, lot 347 [as ex Vierordt sale, Amsterdam, 1923, no. 803]); by date unknown: Arthur M. Woodward Collection; by 1962: with Glendining & Co., Ltd., 7 Blenheim Street, New Bond Street, London, W.1 (auction of the A. M. Woodward Collection, September 27, 1962, lot 363); purchased at the Woodward auction on behalf of MFA by Robert E. Hecht, Jr.; February 13, 1963: purchased by MFA from Robert E. Hecht, Jr.
Theodora Wilbour Fund in memory of Zoë Wilbour