Part of the side of a cup, burlesque dancing figure, profile to right, head turned back, Touch of purple on hip, incised lines. Interior, two pairs of narrow, white lines.
From Naukratis, Temple of Hera. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription