It is made of a fine grained stone. A handle is attached at the shoulder and neck. The base is flat and footed, and the rim is flattened and everted. The rim is broken. Two parallel bands decorate the neck. The foot is chipped. Otherwise, it is complete.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames