It is made of a brown and white horizontal veined stone. It has a heavy lip and wide mouth. The base is flat, and the rim is rolled and everted. The surface is smooth. It is in good condition. It is complete.
By 1909: purchased in Egypt by Joseph Lindon Smith; 1909: on loan to the MFA; 1911: purchased by the MFA through funds provided by Mary S. Ames. (Accession date: August 3, 1911.)
Gift of Miss Mary S. Ames