This is the top of a column decorated in very high relief on three sides with vegetal motifs of acanthus and simple scrolls. The back is cut away, making it flat, though rounded on the bottom. The top is more square.
From Saqqara, monastery of Apa Jeremias. 1905-1906: Quibell excavations, Egyptian Antiquities Service.
Gift of the Western Art Visiting Committee