Wheel-made pottery coffin with an opening at the head, which allowed for the insertion of the body. The opening was covered by a faceplate with hand-modeled facial features. Traces of a central band of inscription and several side bands are visible, as well as a central winged figure.
From Tell el-Yahudiya. 1886-87: excavated by Francis Ll. Griffith for the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund by the government of Egypt; given to the MFA by the Egypt Exploration Fund. (Accession Date: April 3, 1888)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription