This canopic jar is carved of travertine (Egyptian alabaster) with both white and light brown veins. It has a fairly small base with slightly convex sides. It is broken and mended, but incomplete due to some missing fragments.
From Deir el-Bersha, pit 51A. 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: January 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition