This canopic jar is carved of heavily veined, semi-translucent travertine (Egyptian alabaster) that has been highly polished. No lid remains. It has broken and been mended, and small pieces are missing.
From Deir el-Bersha, Pit 51 A. May 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition