Rectangular box of laminated wood with beveled joints. Inscribed outside in blue, inside divided into four partitions, each inscribed in black ink with the name of one of the genii of the canopic jars.
From Deir el-Bersha, Tomb 19, shaft B. May 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
Egyptian, Middle Kingdom, late Dynasty 11 – early Dynasty, 2010–1961 B.C.