This is a rectangular box with accompanying led, both made of wood that has been coated with a yellowist-white plaster. It was furnished with two cleats at bottom that are similar to those on the bottom of the lid for fitting to the box. Joints are beveled and pinned. No contents are evident.
From Deir el-Bersha, tomb 10, shaft A (tomb of Djehutynakht). May 1915: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 1, 1921)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition
Egyptian, Middle Kingdom, late Dynasty 11 – early Dynasty, 2010–1961 B.C.
Object Place for Label
Deir el-Bersha, Egypt
Length x width x height: 25 x 18.5 x 17.5 cm (9 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 6 7/8 in.) Length x width x height (Box): 25 x 18.5 x 13.4 cm (9 13/16 x 7 5/16 x 5 1/4 in.) Length x width x height (Lid): 25.2 x 18 x 4 cm (9 15/16 x 7 1/16 x 1 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique