Reddish gray clay, polished a neutral orange, with low foot; inside decoration depicts a bird in black. Chipped and discolored in a few spots.
From Sarras (Shalfak); north-west of Fort (see Diary: March 8, 1931 / Exp.Ph. C 12837 / C 12838). 1931: excavated by the Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA by the government of Sudan; 1947: Brought from Harvard Camp.
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition