Bright blue vitreous glazed, molded shawabty with details and inscription in dark blue pigment. Hands crossed over breast, holding adzes and baskets; vertical inscription down center.
By 1966, sold by Robert Gordon Faudree to Horace L. Mayer (b. 1899 - d. 1968), Williamstown, MA [see note 1]; to his widow, Florence Ellen Mayer, Williamstown; 1978, gift of Mrs. Mayer to the MFA. (Accession Date: December 1, 1978) NOTES:  First lent by Horace L. Mayer to the MFA on June 29, 1966 (loan no. T-L 13,209).
Gift of Mrs. Horace L. Mayer