This is a pendant or weight made from a buffware pottery vessel fragment. It has not been smoothed or noticeably reshaped, rather has been used in its original, vaguely diamond shape. One suspension hold has been drilled at one end.
From Kerma, Cemetery S, Tumulus III, grave 326. 1914: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of the Sudan. (Accession Date: September 19, 2006)
Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition