This is a fragment of a rectangular grinding palette of a black stone. One side is smoothed to a flatter surface than the opposite. The rougher side has traces of a reddish residue.
From Kerma, Cemetery S, Tumulus IV B (corridor). 1914: excavated by the Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; assigned to the MFA in the division of finds by the government of the Sudan. (Accession Date: September 19, 2006)
Harvard University–Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition