This ritual conical cup, drilled with a tubular drill, has yellow-brown spots on the outside. It was used in the "opening of the mouth" ceremony performed on the statues of Menkaura in his valley temple.
From Giza, Menkaura Valley Temple. March 2, 1911: excavated by the Harvard University-Museum of Fine Arts Expedition; 1911: assigned to the MFA by the government of Egypt. (Accession Date: March 2, 1911)
Harvard University—Boston Museum of Fine Arts Expedition