Fragments restored in plaster representing original shape. Glaze greenish yellow. On shoulder and body four friezes: (1) sirens and swans(?), details incised (2) lions and bulls, details incised (3) sirens and below a maeander (4) ibexes, no incised lines.
From Naukratis. 1885-6: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription