Part of neck of a large krater, panel decorated with a simple guilloche. On top of lip are narrow, brown lines encircling the vase. Inside of lip is decorated with a dark-brown band.
From Naukratis, Temple of Apollo. 1885: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; October 28, 1885: voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting; sent over February 1886. (Accession date: 1886).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription