Fragment of yellow-orange terracotta head wearing a false beard and double crown, trace of red paint remaining on the crown, turned three-quarters to the left, hollow irregular fracture through the headress and lower part of the neck, back all gone.
From Naukratis, Temple of Aphrodite. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription