Light red clay, head broken off at neck, body rests on two long feet and tail, socket with hole and rim in back, large chip on one side near tail, possibly a lamp(?)
From Naukratis, Temple of Aphrodite. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription