Once part of a colossal inscription, this block of red granite bears the cartouche of Ramesses II in deply carved relief. The top and right surfaces are finished, but the others have been left rough.
From Bubastis, Great Temple, Hall of Nectanebo II. 1890, excavated by E. Naville for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; presented to the MFA at EEF fifth annual general meeting; sent over 1890.
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription