This amulet takes the form of a bronze plaque with an impressed design of a walking cow. Such amulets represent the goddess of love and fertility, Hathor, in her bovine form. In this form, Hathor was also a protector of the deceased in the necropolis.
From the temple of Mentuhotep, Deir el-Bahari. 1904: excavated by the Egypt Exploration Fund; assigned to the EEF in the division of finds by the Egyptian government; voted to the MFA at EEF general meeting. (Accession date: January 1, 1905)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription