Amulet of a falcon. White faience, very porous surface a good deal spotted with brown. Two feet and tail are both broken off. Suspension ring on back.
From Naukratis, Temple of Aphrodite. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription