The inverted bell-shape vessel rests above a small baluster stem and has a splayed, slightly domed foot with foot ring. The border of the elliptical cartouche is decorated with a wavy line that contains an alternating dot-and-leaf pattern.
Within an ellipse on the bowl is inscribed "The Gift of / Elizth (Adams) Richardson / To [pellet] the [pellet] Church [pellet] of Christ / in / Medfeild" in script.
Stamped between rim of cup and inscription with "Z [four-pointed star] B" in roman letters within a rectangle. Ada Mark * F4591
Funds were likely provided through a bequest of Elizabeth Adams (1694 – 1766), daughter of Henry Adams (1657 – 1733) and Prudence Frairy (1662 – 1750) of Medfield. She m. Solomon Clark (1678 – 1748) in 1740 and then Clark’s first cousin, Joseph Richardson (1687 – 1768), in 1756. The cups were made a gift to the Museum in 1980.
Gift of the First Church Parish, Unitarian, Medfield, in memory of Virginia Hagberg McQuillan