The inverted bell-shape vessel rests above a small baluster stem and has a splayed, slightly domed foot with foot ring. The border of the elliptical cartouche is decorated with a wavy line that contains an alternating dot-and-leaf pattern.
Within an ellipse on bowl is engraved "The Gift of / Eleazer Bullard / To the Church:of:Christ / in / Medfeild" in script.
Stamped between rim of cup and inscription with "Z [four-pointed star] B" in roman letters with in a rectangle.
18th century, funds provided to the church through the bequest of Eleazer Bullard (1676-1753) of Medfield, son of Benjamin Bullard of Sherman, Massachusetts; 1980, gift of the First Church Parish, Unitarian, Medfield to the MFA. 1William S. Tilden, ed., The History of the Town of Medfield, Massachusetts, 1650-1886, (Boston: George H. Ellis, Pub., 1887), p. 331.
Gift of the First Church Parish, Unitarian, Medfield, in memory of Virginia Hagberg McQuillan