Signed "Thomas Ingalls" twice (one only partially visile) In pencil on the underside of the seat.
Traditionally belonged to Gen. John Glover (1732-1791). Came into Ingalls family from a family connection with Susannah Glover, who married Nicholas Broughton. Owned by Thomas Ingalls, his son Frank Ingalls, to his wife, and her son by second husband Mr. Charles Porter; 1978, purchased by Museum (Accession Date October 18, 1978)
Samuel Putnam Avery Fund