The waste bowl has a reeded, kylix-shaped spun body circled with wide egg-and-dart band on a short, deeply gadrooned foot.
"EGB / EAG" engraved in entwined letters within a medallion on the front and back near the upper rim.
“JONES, SHREVE, BROWN & CO. / STERLING” incuse; twice with an incuse eagle flanking “BOSTON” in a rectangle; above “R. & W.” incuse, all struck on bottom of each Rogers & Wendt piece.
Elizabeth Ann Goddard (1829 – 1910) m. Thomas Perkins Shepard (1817 – 1877) of Salem, Massachusetts, in 1856 in Providence, Rhode Island; to their son William Binney Jr. (1858 – 1921) and his wife, Harriet D’Costa Rhodes; to their daughter Elizabeth Goddard Binney (b. 1893), whose monogram was inscribed on piece probably about 1915, when she m. Barnes Newberry of Rhode Island. Descended to their son William Binney Newberry (b. 1928), who placed the service at auction. In 1998 it was purchased by dealer Spencer Marks and therafter purchased by the Museum.
Museum purchase with funds donated by The Seminarians, other friends, and the Curator's Fund in memory of Harry H. Schnabel, Jr.