Round bottom and body with nipped neck; jutting wide collar with four castellations. Rim incised with parallel lines forming triangles. Lower neck rimmed with incised bands and parallel lines diagonally sweeping the body.
1962, excavated on the property of Marie Zimmermann (36-Pi-14), in the area of the proposed Tocks Island Reservoir between Matamoras and Dingman's Ferry, Pennsylvania and acquired by Lyman Vandermark (b. 1909 - d. 1978), Port Jervis, NY [see note]; sold by Vandermark's widow to Glenn Del Gaizo, Stockholm, NJ; 1993, sold by Glenn Del Gaizo to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 27, 1993) NOTE: This excavation, led by Lenape Chapter 12 of the Society for Pennsylvania Archaeology, is discussed by David J. Werner, "The Zimmermann Site: 36-Pi-14," in Archeology in the Upper Delaware Valley, by W. Fred Kinsey, III (Harrisburg, PA, 1972), pp. 55-130. Lyman Vandermark assisted at the site.
American Decorative Arts Curator's Fund