This teapot has a pierced circular band at the shoulder with repousse panels of rosettes, foliage, and two plain with bright cut borders. The base is molded with unduations and perforations. It has a rusticated handle in scroll form. The domed, attached lid has a flower and leaf finial.
Decended in family of Roswell Gleason (1799-1871). January 18, 1984, sold by Mrs. Anne C. Hayward, East Falmouth, MA to MFA.
Marion E. Davis Fund