Small table with rectangular top with molded edge; skirts shaped to paired segmental arches; four cabriole legs terminating in pad feet with a flattened ring and disk below; top secured with a series of rectangular, white-pine blocks glued to the top and sides.
Small paper label pasted on underside of top reads: "Belonged to / The first Gideon / White."
Owned originally by Gideon White (1717-1779), merchant, of Plymouth; possibly acquired by him at about the time of his marriage in 1744 to Joanna Howland (1716-1810). Gift of Henry-Russell Hitchcock in 1974.
Gift of Henry-Russell Hitchcock