Hammered gold tubular beads (ave, length 1 cm; ave. width 0.2 cm) made from sheet gold; worn around neck or waist. Forty-one of the 47 beads are embossed with parallel lines that give the impression of each being a string of tiny semi-hemispherical beads. Stringing is modern.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay