Hammered gold tubular beads (average width 0.2 cm) worn around the neck or waist. Nineteen of the 36 beads are embossed with parallel lines that give the impression of each being a string of tiny semi-hemispherical beads. Stringing is modern.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay