Tall, raised bowl having concave sides that revert to gourd-shaped base and soldered to tall stem with baluster and applied molding, below which is splayed, stepped foot with foot ring. One small repair inside lip (1980.488).
Both cups engraved "First / CHURCH OF CHRIST / in / Medfield" in alternating script and shaded roman capitals; "1817" inside foot.
Acquired by the First Church of Christ, Medfield, in 1817. 1980, gift of the First Church Parish, Unitarian, Medfield to the MFA.
Gift of the First Church Parish, Unitarian, Medfield, in memory of Virginia Hagberg McQuillan