The bell-shaped bowl of this standing cup is raised and has an applied flaring lip. A prominent center point suggests that the vessel may have been lathe turned after it was raised. The spun stem with applied midband descends to a stepped splayed base finished with an applied foot ring.
Engraved "First Church / Newton / 1861" in script on bowl.
Stamped, incuse "N. HARDING & CO. / BOSTON / COIN / M & P / N. HARDING & CO. on bottom of bowl.
1973, gift of the First Church of Newton, Mass. to the MFA. See 1973.17.
Gift of the First Church in Newton