The large soup ladle has a scalloped bowl and an engraved ropelike edge to the handle.
"JSM" in script engraved on handle
"A. DUBOIS" in a rectangle on back of handle
Early history unknown. Presumably owned by Jane Coy Derr (d. 1955) and inherited by her daughter-in-law Mrs. Thomas (Mary S.) Derr (d. 1988) of Brookline, Massachusetts, who placed them on loan to the Museum in 1952. They descended in the family and were given by the grandchildren of Jane Coy Derr in 1996.
Gift of the Grandchildren of Jane Coy Derr