This raised body and functional elements, such as the handle and spout, are formed by the coiled bodies of two intertwining snakes, created through repoussé work. The handle is soldered in place.
On bottom: "[lion] G [within an escutcheon] [anchor] /STERLING/ 1295/ [boar's head]. Lightly scratched on base "ISE".
Original ownership unknown; by 1983 in San Francisco, where purchased by David Firestone for Firestone and Parsons, Inc., Boston, Massachusetts; 1983, purchased from Firestone and Parsons by the MFA.
Edwin E. Jack Fund
- Gorham Manufacturing Company, active 1865–1961