Glazed pitcher with off-white lower section containining polychrome central medallion at front with polychrome medallion embellished with white rabbit in a landscape and the initials "MRS" in black; upper neck section and spout in blue, as is handle.
Probably owned originally by Margaret Randolph Storrow (b. 1896), wife of James Jackson Storrow (b. 1892) and daughter-in-law of Helen (Mrs. James J.) Storrow, the founder and benefactor of the pottery. The service descended to James Jackson Storrow (b. 1917), and then to James Storrow; to MFA, 1999, gift of James Storrow.
Gift of the Storrow Family
American, about 1924
- Paul Revere Pottery of the Saturday Evening Girls club, active 1908–1942