The generously sized waste bowl is raised in a lobed bulb form that nestles within a cast leafy support that springs from a narrow baluster. A conforming splayed foot, with undulating surface, is soldered in place. The bowl carries a broad lip on a wavy collar.
Monogram "AR" in script at the front of the bowl.
Original owners unknown and “A R” monogram unidentified. The service was loaned to the Museum in 1948 by Mr. and Mrs. William Phillips for use at public functions and was acquired as a gift from their heirs in 1969.
Gift of Beatrice P. Strauss, William Phillips, Jr., Drayton Phillips, Christopher H. Phillips and Anne P. Bryant