Thick band of hammered sheet gold that likely was part of an arm or leg band. Both ends are broken away, but its proper right edge matches the proper left edge of 1971.904, whose end has two tie-end perforations typical of Coclé arm/leg bands. See 1971.904.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay