The ladle has a stamped gothic-style pattern with pointed arches, quatrefoil, crockets on stem front and back; threaded sides front and back, upturned stem end; lateral oval bowl.
"AA / to / EMB" in script on the back of the stem.
Stamped manufacturing logo of William Gale & Son, "G&S (in an oval) / (circle) / 1850 (in a diamond)" and "Henry B. Stanwood" stamped in a rectangle on the back of the stem and "Patented 1847" in uppercase letters stamped in an oblong rectangle. (The zero in 1850 is partially obscured).
History unknown prior to 1982, when given to the Museum.
Gift of Robert F. Trent in memory of Emma Sophie Trent (1881-1966)