The small, raised, circular tray displays a cast border of molded cyma curves interspersed with seven abstracted shell motifs. It is supported by three cast, broad, quadriped feet. Subtle wear marks appear directly over each of the feet, evidence of regular use.
Under salver "W / W * R" is engraved in shaded roman letters.
On top of the salver and near the border is stamped "S [pellet] E" over a device and within a shaped shield.
According to the donor, the initials are those of William White (1717 – 1773) and Rebecca Stoddard (about 1723 – 1773) of Boston, Massachusetts, m. 1743. By descent to the anonymous donor.