Lower left: W.H. '84
1884, painted for Arthur B. Homer, the artist's brother; about 1916, by descent to his son, Arthur P. Homer (d. 1940), West Townsend, Mass.;1928, consigned by Arthur P. Homer to Doll and Richards, Boston; 1928, sold by Doll and Richards to Helen Osborne (Mrs. James J.) Storrow 1864-1944), Lincoln, Mass.; by 1938, by descent to her son, James J. Storrow (1892-1977), Chestnut Hill, Mass.; after 1938, by descent to his son, James J. Storrow, Jr. (1917-1984), New York; 1984, by inheritance to his wife, Linda Eder Storrow (1910-2001), New York; 1985, partial purchase and partial gift of Mrs. James J. Storrow, Jr. (Accession Date: September 17, 1986)
Henry H. and Zoë Oliver Sherman Fund and Mrs. James J. Storrow, Jr.