Tall and narrow cup with dark red slip paint and modeled tripod supports in the form of vultures with raised wings.
About 1905, excavated by members of the Lindo Family on the Lindo Brothers’ coffee plantation in Juan Viñas, between the cities of Limón and San José, Costa Rica; about 1910, brought to the United States by Daisy Lindo Lewis (late Daisy Voorhis, b. 1883 – d. 1964) and kept in her homes in Wheeling, WV, Cambridge, MA, and South Yarmouth, MA; 1964, by descent to her daughter, Doris Lindo Lewis Henríquez (b. 1909 – d. 1995), West Palm Beach, FL; 1995, by descent to her daughter, Sydney Lewis Glover, and Denis Glover, Chatham, MA; 2011, gift of Denis and Sydney Glover to the MFA. (Accession Date: January 25, 2012)
Gift of J. Denis Glover and Sydney L. Glover
Atlantic Watershed culture, Costa Rica, Late Period V - Period VI, 800–1400 CE