The base is composed of a square, four-sided pedestal, each side decorated with a pair of Doric columns flanking a basket of flowers. The pedestal supports a globe with a open hole at the top with a brass ring. The globe is connected to the pedestal by four lion's heads with paws.
Early history unknown; acquired at unknown date by Ruth Webb Lee (1894-1978); 1978, by inheritance to her daughter, the donor; 2010, lent to the Museum by the donor; 2011, year-end-gift of Dorothy-Lee Jones, Weston, Massachusetts to the MFA. (Accession Date: January 25, 2012)
Gift of Dorothy-Lee Jones